Would you try Norwich’s I’m A Celebrity inspired Bushtucker Trial?
- Credit: Archant
Fans of ITV's I'm a Celebrity can try a Bushtucker Trial of their own as new challenge launches at Gringos Tequila Bar in Norwich.
The Mexican bar, located on Prince of Wales Road, has launched a new Bushtucker Trial Party Package that involves eating a dune beetle with your tequila.
Owner Andrew Skalli said: 'There are four different bug challnges each one bigger than the last.
'We source the beetles from a company called Crunchy Critters which specialises in edible critters.'
But instead of stars and the promise of a kangaroo tail to share with D-list celebrities, stags that complete the challenge earn a coveted spot on the Gringo's Wall of Fame.
Rob Turner, who completed the challenge at his Christmas party said: 'I always believe in giving things a go - however the strange crunching in my teeth and a weird aftertaste was not hugely pleasant.
You may also want to watch:
'They had a live singer, lovely food and we had a great time.'
The I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Live final is on tonight at 9pm on ITV.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named