Would you try Norwich’s I’m A Celebrity inspired Bushtucker Trial?
- Credit: Archant
Fans of ITV's I'm a Celebrity can try a Bushtucker Trial of their own as new challenge launches at Gringos Tequila Bar in Norwich.
The Mexican bar, located on Prince of Wales Road, has launched a new Bushtucker Trial Party Package that involves eating a dune beetle with your tequila.
Owner Andrew Skalli said: 'There are four different bug challnges each one bigger than the last.
'We source the beetles from a company called Crunchy Critters which specialises in edible critters.'
But instead of stars and the promise of a kangaroo tail to share with D-list celebrities, stags that complete the challenge earn a coveted spot on the Gringo's Wall of Fame.
Rob Turner, who completed the challenge at his Christmas party said: 'I always believe in giving things a go - however the strange crunching in my teeth and a weird aftertaste was not hugely pleasant.
You may also want to watch:
'They had a live singer, lovely food and we had a great time.'
The I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Live final is on tonight at 9pm on ITV.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death