World-renowned Norfolk hall and gardens to become wedding venue
- Credit: Archant
A much-loved and renowned south Norfolk attraction will see the addition of a wedding and events venue – with construction due to begin this year.
Bressingham Hall and Gardens, near Diss, had three planning applications approved for the creation of a wedding and function venue – which Adrian Bloom, chairman of the family business, Blooms Nurseries, said was the only option to secure the long-term future of the gardens.
Work will include the conversion of outbuildings at the rear of the grade II-listed building, construction of a reception building, car park and temporary marquee.
Mr Bloom stated that the venue will not change the beautiful 17 acres of gardens but there will be positive changes to the Georgian mansion which is currently used as a bed and breakfast.
He said: 'There shouldn't really be any changes to the gardens as the work is taking place at the rear of the garden. And is due to start in two or three months' time.
You may also want to watch:
'What we have created here with the gardens is very unique in having a father and son create a garden each. The gardens are renowned worldwide. The hall bed and breakfast will be upgraded with some of the rooms accommodating the bride and groom's family.'
Although there have been objections to the wedding venue because of noise, Mr Bloom said that something is needed to safeguard the attraction for the years to come – with the hall costing £200,000 in repair bills over the last 10 years.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Mr Bloom added: 'We will re-invest money from revenue from the events which will enable us to keep going with the gardens and nursery and will help support the future.'
What do you think of the creation of a wedding and events venue at Bressingham Hall and Gardens? Email email@example.com