Work under way on £800,000 development to accommodate 42 static caravans in Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
Work has started on an £800,000 development to accommodate 42 static caravans in Oulton Broad.
Tingdene Holiday Parks Ltd is building on an area of unused land to the west of its existing Broadlands Park and Marina site.
Included in the works are additional hard-standing bases which will complete the existing development of 22 twin lodges.
The land was previously home to an array of pink and yellow touring caravans.
But Benjamin Race, Tingdene's group sales and marketing manager, said the site had since been empty for 'many years'.
You may also want to watch:
He added that the work will include the installation and upgrade of all services on the site.
'This exciting £800,000 development is a natural extension of our existing investment at the park and in Oulton Broad,' he said.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
'Over the past two years we have entered into further joint ventures with Sentinel Leisure and Churchills Catering, both of whom have enhanced the visitor experience at the park whilst securing full time employment as the park, on site gym and restaurant operate all year round.
'The new development is perfectly placed next to our existing park and marina, Oulton Broad being the gateway to the Broads National Park and with the location so close to tourist target destinations such as Southwold, the area is clearly a big draw to potential staycation and holiday guests as well as potential holiday home owners.'
The park was purchased in 2015 by Tingdene Holiday Parks Ltd.
Mr Race said that future plans for the site include the expansion of the marina on Marsh Road, on the southern side of Oulton Broad.
Greg Doggett, Broadlands Park and Marina site general manager, said: 'It's effectively due to demand, because we are seeing an uptake in the number of boat owners coming to moor with us.'
Mr Doggett said that the new static caravan site should be complete by June.
He added: 'The site used to be a caravan park many moons ago and it used to have more than we are proposing to put on now.
'There is nothing else like in the area and we have already been inundated with people making enquiries about it.'
• Are you concerned about a new development near you? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684 or email email@example.com