Work colleagues ready for 24 hour trek to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Next month a group of work colleges will aim to climb three mountains across Britain to raise money for charity.
The 11 workers from Diss-based technology distributor company Midwich, will aim to take on the Three Peaks Challenge.
It will see them climb Ben Nevis, in Scotland, Scafell Pike, in England and Snowdon, in Wales, all in 24 hours.
They were approached with the offer to take part in a charity fundraiser by printer manufacture Brother UK - which Midwich represents - who are funding the challenge.
Harriet Robbins, Brother sales specialist for Midwich, said: 'They asked if we wanted to do some fundraising and the Three Peaks challenge seemed the most challenging but the most realistic. It will be a challenge for all of us.'
You may also want to watch:
The group, which ranges from 19-years-old to people in their 30s, are not keen walkers and have been training together.
Miss Robbins said: 'We are really excited but we are all really nervous. We are training nearly every other day. We are doing leg sessions in the gym and 10 mile walks on the beach.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
'We are doing most of the training together and we make quite a good team. We are aiming to reach the peak of Snowdon 24 hours after we start. And I think we can do it.'
The group will have guides to take them up and down the mountains and someone will be driving the minibus between the mountains so they will be able to catch a few hours of sleep.
They are hoping to raise £10,000 which will be going to two charities, Cancer Research UK and The Big C.
The group will fly to Scotland on July 15 and will start their first climb up the 1,345m high Ben Nevis at 6am on July 16.
They will travel 477 miles and climb 3,408m in one day.
To sponsor the group visit their fundraising page at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/TeamMidwichThreePeaks
Are you taking part in a charity challenge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call reporter Rebecca Murphy on 01379 651176.