Work begins on Hunstanton Prom
- Credit: Archant
Parts of the promenade at Hunstanton could be closed over the next few weeks as repairs get under way.
The work will involve repairing 40 cracked areas of the sea defences and filling in the holes that have formed in a number of the concrete pads which make up the walkway.
Repaired areas will be filled in with concrete, and some of the joint sealant will also be replaced.
The work will start on Wednesday, February 22, and is expected to take about 25 working days to complete.
It's hoped that the work will be finished by the Easter Bank Holiday weekend which begins on Good Friday, April 14.
You may also want to watch:
West Norfolk council, which owns the 'prom, said that it hoped any disruption would be minimised, but there may be times when access to some sections of the promenade has to be restricted. The work will be carried out during daylight hours, from Monday to Friday.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled