Norfolk craft company designs touching First World War tribute gift
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk craft company has designed two touching tribute gifts to honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the First World War ahead of the centenary commemoration on Sunday.
Richard Marks and Ele Rodgers, of Woodcraft Gifts in Great Yarmouth, have been carefully sculpting two war themed gifts with a portion of the proceeds raised from sales going to the Royal British Legion.
The first gift they designed was of a wooden sculpture which had five soldiers on.
It proved so popular the pair have crafted another creation which is an outline of a Tommy with a poppy on.
So far the pair have sold 17 gifts, rasing £85 for the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Marks said as this year marks 100 years since the First World War ended it seemed like the ideal opportunity to create something 'special'.
He said: 'We have had a really good reaction from everyone who has seen them. They think it is great they are able to remember soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice by buying a gift.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
'It is the first time we have done anything like this and we are really pleased with how everything has gone.'
The sculptures are available for £19.99 each with £5 going to the Royal British Legion.
They are available to purchase from Woodcraft Gifts in Great Yarmouth's Victoria Arcade.