Norfolk craft company designs touching First World War tribute gift
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk craft company has designed two touching tribute gifts to honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the First World War ahead of the centenary commemoration on Sunday.
Richard Marks and Ele Rodgers, of Woodcraft Gifts in Great Yarmouth, have been carefully sculpting two war themed gifts with a portion of the proceeds raised from sales going to the Royal British Legion.
The first gift they designed was of a wooden sculpture which had five soldiers on.
It proved so popular the pair have crafted another creation which is an outline of a Tommy with a poppy on.
So far the pair have sold 17 gifts, rasing £85 for the Royal British Legion.
Mr Marks said as this year marks 100 years since the First World War ended it seemed like the ideal opportunity to create something 'special'.
He said: 'We have had a really good reaction from everyone who has seen them. They think it is great they are able to remember soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice by buying a gift.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
'It is the first time we have done anything like this and we are really pleased with how everything has gone.'
The sculptures are available for £19.99 each with £5 going to the Royal British Legion.
They are available to purchase from Woodcraft Gifts in Great Yarmouth's Victoria Arcade.