Wood Dalling artist Lucy Loveheart completes charity skydive
A fairy-loving artist has earned her wings with a charity skydive, which has helped ease her fear of heights.
Lucy Holt from Wood Dalling in north Norfolk successfully leapt from a plane above Beccles on Friday and will raise more than �1,500 for Parkinson's UK, after her father died from the disease.
Lucy, whose illustrations under the name of Lucy Loveheart appear in children's books and Boots products, did the tandem jump despite being scared of heights.
She said: 'It was a beautiful day, and I felt calm on the way up, even when I was sitting in the doorway with my legs dangling over the edge.
'When we were pushed out the feeling was both terrifying and awesome for 45 seconds as we did a free fall. I can see why people find it addictive.
'When the chute opened and we floated down for seven minutes I could see the coastline and fields, and it was like floating like a fairy.'
The experience had taken the edge off her vertigo as 'now when I have to go up a ladder it will seem easy,' she added.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
People can still add to her pledges by visiting the website http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ LucyLoveheart