Women gearing up for firewalk to raise money for RSPCA centre in East Winch
Staff at the RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre will be hot-footing their way to Leicestershire tomorrow to take part in an extreme challenge.
Amanda Fox, Alison Charles, Andrea Smith and Mhairi Fleming will be walking on hot coals at 8.30pm to raise money for the animal rehabilitation centre.
The brave soles are hoping the firewalk at The Manor House in Quorn, near Leicester, will raise �300 which will be used to provide vital food and equipment during the centre's busiest time of year. The centre is situated near King's Lynn and is currently filling up with orphaned and injured wildlife.
Ms Charles said: 'Our regional manager came up with the idea because she has always wanted to do it and has dragged us with her.
'We are beginning to think we're crackers to do this and I think it's fair to say we are all little apprehensive but hopefully we will raise lots of money as well as raising awareness of the RSPCA.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We've got all sorts of fledglings here already, all orphans and we are expecting plenty more this spring.'
To sponsor the team visit www.justgiving.com/EastWinchFirewalk or text EWWC50 and your amount to 70070.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car
To find out more about the centre visit www.rspca-eastwinch-wildlifecentre.co.uk.