Women can now sign up for Cancer Research UK’s Race For Life in Norwich
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
If you need that extra push to stick to your new year resolution of keeping fit, you can now sign up to the pinkest race in the city.
Women across Norfolk can now pledge to take part in Cancer Research UK's Race For Life in May.
The wave of pink will be returning to the Norfolk Showground for a series of events, including the 5k and 10k races – as well as the popular Pretty Muddy 5k.
Rachel Parratt, Cancer Research UK's Norwich event manager, said: 'Women can complete the Pretty Muddy course at their own pace, climbing, jumping, walking and laughing their way around. It's about women of all ages, shapes and sizes tackling obstacles together.'
Around 9,000 women took part in a Race for Life event in Norwich in 2015 and raised £489,400 for the charity.
She added: 'We're calling on the brave ladies of Norwich to harness their fighting spirit once more and really show cancer whose boss... it is an amazing way to celebrate everyone we love who has survived cancer. It's also an emotional and moving way to pay tribute to those dear to us whose lives have been cut short by the disease.'
The 5K and Pretty Muddy 5K are on Saturday, May 14, and the next day 10K and 5K races will take place.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 6 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 7 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 8 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Ladies who sign up this month will get a reduced fee of £10.