Woman with £15,000 gambling debt found dead six days after no-one heard from her
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman was found dead in her bed six days after any of her friends or family had seen her.
Dawn Pope, 36, was found in her home, in Palmer Close, Norwich, on August 2 2018 by a friend.
Norfolk Coroners Court heard that Ms Pope was put into a foster home aged two after it was discovered she had scores around her neck and chest.
During her life she struggled with anxiety and depression, telling therapists for Norfolk's Wellbeing Service that she had nightmares and flashbacks of previous sexual abuse.
The Aviva telephone sales assistant sought help for her mental health being prescribed a range of antidepressants.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said that there was evidence of a cycle of taking the medication, returning to work and then stopping the medication.
In a statement the inquest heard Ms Pope used cocaine and drank. A friend also said she was up to £15,000 in debt from online gambling.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
The cause of death was given as a prescription drug overdose.