Woman wins £113,000 supercar and £20,000 cash while on holiday in Egypt
- Credit: Archant
A lucky woman turned a holiday to Egypt into the trip of a lifetime after winning a supercar and £20,000 in cash at the airport.
Amanda Lewis, 38, from Tydd Gote, near Wisbech, played the luxury car competition last week at Gatwick Airport moments before she boarded the plane with her family.
The competition was organised by dreamcar company BOTB.
BOTB traditionally surprise the weekly winner by delivering their new wheels to their door, but with Amanda out of the country it was left to BOTB founder Will Hindmarch to break the news over FaceTime.
The fully-loaded BMW i8 is worth a staggering £113,000 and will also be supplied with a years' worth of fuel and insurance.
Amanda found out when she was stood next to her mum and dad in her hotel room.
'I can't quite believe it!' she said. 'My husband is out diving at the moment so I'll have to surprise him too.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
'I never expected to win first time. It really is a dream come true, I'm still pinching myself now.' Amanda added. 'This holiday has been unbelievable but now I really can't wait to come home.'
BOTB has run its trademark car competitions every week since 1999, and punters can win the car of their dreams for less than £1.
Will Hindmarch said: 'Surprising the winner is usually down to our presenter Christian Williams but given Amanda's on holiday in Egypt and took plenty of tracking down it was left to me to deliver the good news.
'She was already having the time of her life on holiday but now it's got even better. What a car and what a story. This is what BOTB is all about.'