Woman wins £113,000 supercar and £20,000 cash while on holiday in Egypt
- Credit: Archant
A lucky woman turned a holiday to Egypt into the trip of a lifetime after winning a supercar and £20,000 in cash at the airport.
Amanda Lewis, 38, from Tydd Gote, near Wisbech, played the luxury car competition last week at Gatwick Airport moments before she boarded the plane with her family.
The competition was organised by dreamcar company BOTB.
BOTB traditionally surprise the weekly winner by delivering their new wheels to their door, but with Amanda out of the country it was left to BOTB founder Will Hindmarch to break the news over FaceTime.
The fully-loaded BMW i8 is worth a staggering £113,000 and will also be supplied with a years' worth of fuel and insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda found out when she was stood next to her mum and dad in her hotel room.
'I can't quite believe it!' she said. 'My husband is out diving at the moment so I'll have to surprise him too.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
'I never expected to win first time. It really is a dream come true, I'm still pinching myself now.' Amanda added. 'This holiday has been unbelievable but now I really can't wait to come home.'
BOTB has run its trademark car competitions every week since 1999, and punters can win the car of their dreams for less than £1.
Will Hindmarch said: 'Surprising the winner is usually down to our presenter Christian Williams but given Amanda's on holiday in Egypt and took plenty of tracking down it was left to me to deliver the good news.
'She was already having the time of her life on holiday but now it's got even better. What a car and what a story. This is what BOTB is all about.'