Woman was driving wrong way down A11 before double-fatal crash near Besthorpe, inquest hears
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A woman was driving her car the wrong way down the A11 before a three-vehicle crash which killed two people near Besthorpe, an inquest confirmed this morning.
This morning, the Coroner's Court at King's Lynn heard how 46-year-old Ms Mutch, of Sarah Williman Close, was driving her Peugeot the wrong way north on the southbound carriageway.
A post-mortem was carried out by the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, but the cause of death is currently unascertained and toxicology reports are being carried out.
The court also heard how 30-year-old Rachel Huxley, of Sorrel Drive in Attleborough, was driving her Zafira southbound when the two women crashed.
The cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to the crash.
Since the tragedy, tributes from friends and co-workers have flooded in for both women, with floral tributes placed by the side of the road.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mutch was described as a 'lovely, lively woman who lit up every room' by her Aviva co-worker Rachael Gething.
She wrote: 'She forever had us laughing and never failed to bring a smile to people's faces.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
'I cannot even begin to understand what her family are going through and my thoughts are with them all at this tragic time. The world has lost a true gem and I am not sure I will ever meet someone as honest, lively and genuine as her.'
Messages of grief have been posted on Facebook, with many describing young mother Miss Huxley as an 'angel' and a 'devoted mum'.
The third driver, Ryan Mills, was driving three passengers in his Ford Focus but managed to escape unhurt.