Woman taken to hospital with ‘potentially serious injuries’ after crash between car and lorry on A11 near Attleborough
- Credit: Fran Rosas
A woman has been taken to hospital following a serious accident on the A11 near Attleborough which closed the northbound carriageway.
Emergency services were called at 7.15am after the collision, which was between an Audi A3 and a lorry.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance office, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene to treat a woman, believed to be in her 30s, with back and pelvis pain.
She was treated at the scene before being taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment. The air ambulance medics travelled with the patient en route to hospital.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said her injuries are 'potentially serious' but are not thought to be life-threatening.
The Norfolk Fire Service sent crews from Wymondham, Thetford, Attleborough and Watton to the scene of the crash and helped release the woman from her vehicle.
The northbound carriageway between the Breckland Lodge roundabout and the Ellingham Road junction, B1077 was closed for a number of hours but has now reopened.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 6 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 7 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 8 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 9 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 10 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village