Woman taken to hospital with ‘potentially serious injuries’ after crash between car and lorry on A11 near Attleborough
- Credit: Fran Rosas
A woman has been taken to hospital following a serious accident on the A11 near Attleborough which closed the northbound carriageway.
Emergency services were called at 7.15am after the collision, which was between an Audi A3 and a lorry.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance office, an ambulance crew and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene to treat a woman, believed to be in her 30s, with back and pelvis pain.
She was treated at the scene before being taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment. The air ambulance medics travelled with the patient en route to hospital.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said her injuries are 'potentially serious' but are not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk Fire Service sent crews from Wymondham, Thetford, Attleborough and Watton to the scene of the crash and helped release the woman from her vehicle.
The northbound carriageway between the Breckland Lodge roundabout and the Ellingham Road junction, B1077 was closed for a number of hours but has now reopened.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old