Woman’s body found in the river at Costessey
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
The woman's body was found in the river at Costessey Mill on Saturday afternoon is not suspicious.
Police said they were called by a passerby to the River Wensum, at the end of Costessey Lane, at around 1.20pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Emergency services closed the road between Costessey Lane and The Street towards the mill for around three hours.
A police spokesman said: 'We would thank the public for their patience.
'If the public have any information about the incident they should contact police on 101.'
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week