Woman’s body and car pulled from waterway at Christchurch in Fens
- Credit: Archant
A woman's body and a car were recovered from a Fenland waterway on Sunday morning, police have confirmed.
A stretch of the B1098 was closed throughout Sunday while the emergency services, including a search helicopter, scanned an area of the Sixteen Foot Drain in Christchurch, near March.
The body was understood to have been recovered close to the old Wheatsheaf pub. Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: 'I can confirm a car was recovered from the river containing the body of a woman. It is also confirmed the incident is non-suspicious.'
Road closures were introduced to the B1098 at around 5.30am between Padgetts Road and Manea Road. It reopened at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service's Urban Search and Rescue Team also attended.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village