Woman killed in crash near Thetford
A woman has died in a road crash near Thetford.
Officers from Norfolk and Suffolk police were called at around 3.12pm yesterday (Thursday) to reports of a three-car road accident on the A134 at Barnham, near Brandon.
The ambulance service was called to the incident involving a grey VW Polo, a red Rover and a red Peugeot 207. They attended to the occupants but a woman, who was a passenger in the VW, died on scene.
The female driver suffered a cardiac arrest and a seven-year-old boy was complaining of chest pains. Both were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
The driver of the red Rover was taken to West Suffolk Hospital. Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
An area of the road was closed and diversions put in place.
Four ambulance vehicles, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance service officer and both of the East Anglian Air Ambulances were also on scene together with police and fire crews.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Anyone who witnessed this incident is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.