Woman injured after being hit by air rifle pellet in Lowestoft
A 65-year-old woman needed hospital treatment after she was struck in the arm by an air rifle pellet.
Police are seeking witnesses after the woman was hurt in an incident in a rear access road at Wellington Esplanade on Wednesday afternoon (September 7).
The 65-year-old was walking along the access road between Claremont Road and Waterloo Road about 4.30pm on Wednesday. She was with some friends when she heard a whooshing noise and felt a sharp pain to her upper arm - when she looked down she had suffered a small wound that was bleeding.
'Officers were called and police visited properties in the area the pellet was believed to have been fired from and are continuing enquiries into the incident,' a police spokesman said.
'An X-ray at hospital later revealed that the pellet was lodged in the 65-year-old's arm.'
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone with information about the incident or the person responsible should call PC 1765 Falgate at Lowestoft on 01986 835300.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release