Woman injured after 25ft fall from Pakefield cliffs, near Pontins holiday park
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman fell 25ft from a sea cliff onto the beach below.
She was attempting to climb down the cliff face at Pakefield, near to Pontins holiday park, when she fell on Sunday, August 27.
The Lowestoft and Southwold HM Coastguard team were paged by Humber Coastguard Operations Centre at 3.13pm.
On arriving at the scene, the incident was found to have happened 100m south of Pakefield Coastwatch.
Both the team and the ambulance service assisted in stabilising the casualty, who was suffering from a suspected spinal condition.
You may also want to watch:
She was strapped up and carried off in a basket stretcher before being transported to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further treatment.
A spokesman form HM Coastguard said: 'Once again we remind people that the cliffs are not safe and do not attempt to climb down or up them.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack