Woman in her 80s suffers serious leg injuries after being involved in crash with car in Norwich
- Credit: James Bass
A woman in her 80s has been taken to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in a crash with a car in Norwich.
Emergency services, including police and ambulance, were called to Dereham Road, near to the junction of Bowthorpe Road, at just after 5pm on Thursday (November 2) following reports of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
A spokesman in the Norfolk police control room said the woman sustained 'serious injuries to her lower leg' and was taken to hospital for treatment.
Police remained on scene after 6pm although the road remained open.
However with the crash taking place during the evening rush hour it resulted in traffic disruption on an already busy road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools