Woman found dead with gunshot wound in Heacham
Police today said her death was not being treated as suspicious.
Pam Thomas, who was in her 50s, was found at an address in Marea Meadows, on Tuesday night.
An ambulance was called to the property at 10.50pm, after reports that a woman had suffered cardiac arrest.
But on arrival, the crew discovered Mrs Thomas had suffered a gunshot wound and pronounced her dead. Police also attended the scene, but a spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
Mrs Thomas was married to Heacham-based builder and former caravan park owner Aubrey.
The couple have a son and daughter - Neil and Holly - and three grand-children.
Today one neighbour said: 'Pam was a very popular person, she was very nice, very approachable.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 10 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
'They'd just come back from a month in Tenerife, they hadn't got any money worries or anything. It's all incredibly sad.'
The investigation has now been handed to the coroner's office and an inquest will be opened once a post mortem has been carried out.