Woman dies after suffering serious head injuries in Lound collision
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after suffering serious head injuries in a collision in Lound.
The incident occurred just after 5pm on Tuesday, November 21 on Browston Lane, near the Yarmouth Road junction.
A white Vauxhall Corsa left the carriageway and collided with a metal barrier.
The woman, aged in her 50s, was a passenger in the vehicle and sustained serious head injuries.
She was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, before being transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, but later died from her injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the car, aged in his 20s, was taken the James Paget University Hospital with minor injuries.
The road was closed while emergency services attended and was reopened at around 9.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the Corsa prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference 351.