Woman dies after being hit by train on Norwich to Sheringham line
A woman who was hit by a train on the Norwich to Sheringham line has died from her injuries.
The woman was struck by the 5.45pm Norwich to Sheringham service at Salhouse at about 6pm on Sunday.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where she later died.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said the incident was currently being treated as non-suspicious and that a file was being prepared for the coroner.
The woman has not yet been named.
You may also want to watch:
The train line was reopened at about 8.15pm on Sunday evening.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17