Woman described as “stable” after collision on A149 at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in a stable condition after a collision on the A149 in West Norfolk.
The woman, who is believed to be in her early 20s, suffered what were described as 'life threatening injuries' in the crash, which happened between Hunstanton and Heacham yesterday.
Tonight police said she was in a stable condition. Officers are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at around 2.45am and involved a red Citroen Saxo.
The injured woman has not been named. The main A149 coast road was closed between the Oasis Way and Hunstanton Road junctions for several hours while police carried out investigations at the scene. It reopened to traffic just before 8.30am.
Drivers faced detours around the lanes via Ringstead and Old Hunstanton. Buses were cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the crash should call PC Andy Miles at Wymondham police station on 101.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof