Woman described as “stable” after collision on A149 at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in a stable condition after a collision on the A149 in West Norfolk.
The woman, who is believed to be in her early 20s, suffered what were described as 'life threatening injuries' in the crash, which happened between Hunstanton and Heacham yesterday.
Tonight police said she was in a stable condition. Officers are appealing for witnesses to the collision, which happened at around 2.45am and involved a red Citroen Saxo.
The injured woman has not been named. The main A149 coast road was closed between the Oasis Way and Hunstanton Road junctions for several hours while police carried out investigations at the scene. It reopened to traffic just before 8.30am.
Drivers faced detours around the lanes via Ringstead and Old Hunstanton. Buses were cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the crash should call PC Andy Miles at Wymondham police station on 101.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate