Woman released after being arrested over death of man in Hingham, near Wymondham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A woman has been released after being arrested in connection with the death of a man in Hingham, near Wymondham.
Police were called by paramedics to an address in Fleeters Hill on Thursday, June 8 shortly after 11.10pm.
A man, believed to be in his 70s, was treated but later pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said a post mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death remains unknown.
As such, the death is still being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Police have launched an investigation and the property has been sealed off while officers carry out forensic enquiries.
A woman in her 50s was arrested and was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre to be questioned by detectives.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
She has now been released, but remains under investigation while enquiries continue.
The cordon around the property has now been removed.
Detective Inspector Stuart Chapman, who has been overseeing initial enquiries, said: 'We are in the early stages of our investigation and working to establish the sequence of events which led to this man's death. However, this does appear to be an isolated incident.'