Woman released after being arrested over death of man in Hingham, near Wymondham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A woman has been released after being arrested in connection with the death of a man in Hingham, near Wymondham.
Police were called by paramedics to an address in Fleeters Hill on Thursday, June 8 shortly after 11.10pm.
A man, believed to be in his 70s, was treated but later pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said a post mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death remains unknown.
As such, the death is still being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Police have launched an investigation and the property has been sealed off while officers carry out forensic enquiries.
A woman in her 50s was arrested and was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre to be questioned by detectives.
- 1 Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- 2 Have you had 'the worst cold ever' which is ripping through Norfolk?
- 3 Woman's hip broken after 'rugby tackle' by pair of dogs
- 4 'We did everything we could': Police officer tells of car park negotiation
- 5 Shoe shop set to close after more than two decades in business
- 6 Superstar acts that are coming to Norfolk next year
- 7 Pictures emerge of devastating blaze as fire service issue warning
- 8 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 9 How to get from Norwich to London for just a fiver
- 10 Man taken to hospital after road rage incident
She has now been released, but remains under investigation while enquiries continue.
The cordon around the property has now been removed.
Detective Inspector Stuart Chapman, who has been overseeing initial enquiries, said: 'We are in the early stages of our investigation and working to establish the sequence of events which led to this man's death. However, this does appear to be an isolated incident.'