Woman and her five-year-old son unhurt after Norwich house fire
A woman and her five-year-old son had a lucky escape following a house fire in Norwich.
Firefighters from Earlham and Carrow were called to reports of a building fire on Avenue Road at about 7.30pm on Sunday (December 10).
A fire had broken out in the living room after fuel beside a wood burner started smoking.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said a woman and her five-year-old son had been in the property but called the fire brigade and got out.
The spokesman said they were not hurt.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns