Witnesses urged to come forward with information following fatal A47 crash at North Burlingham
Witnesses who may have seen the manner in which a car was driven in the hours leading up to a fatal road crash on the A47 at North Burlingham have today been urged to contact police.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward who may have seen a black Fiat Punto being driven at Acle railway station car park on Monday, October 31 at about 11.15pm in the evening.
The witness appeal comes as officers continue their enquiries into a fatal road traffic collision on the A47 at North Burlingham which occurred on Tuesday, November 1 at approximately 5:30am.
A black Fiat Punto was in collision with a large goods vehicle parked in a layby, close to the Lingwood junction. The car burst into flames following the collision.
The front seat passenger, Ellie Tweed, 18, from Hemsby, died at the scene. Four others from the car were taken to hospital for treatment - one remains in a critical condition in hospital at Addenbrookes hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A second woman remains in a serious condition at the Norfolk & Norwich and two other young women have been released from hospital.
Apart from seeking witnesses to the manner of driving of the Fiat Punto at Acle railway station officers are still keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision itself or stopped at the scene afterwards. Calls should be made to PC Ian Thexton at Norfolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE