Witnesses sought after pedestrian suffers serious injuries in Norwich crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Norwich yesterday morning which left a woman in hospital with serious injuries.
It happened on Barn Road at about 9am outside the Norwich Kitchen and Bathroom Centre when a Ford Transit tipper truck was involved in a collision with a pedestrian.
The pedestrian, a woman in her 50s, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
Police set up a cordon around the scene for much of the afternoon causing a number of bus services to reroute.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision and anyone with information should contact PC Greg Prowting at Wymondham Police Station at 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk