Witnesses sought after man was racially abused in Beccles
Police are seeking witnesses after a man was subjected to racial abuse in Beccles.
The victim was walking from New Gate into Sheepgate about 1.45pm on Friday, November 25 when he met another family member.
A police spokesman said: 'As they walked along Sheepgate they encountered the suspect, who began to make racially abusive remarks towards him.
'This abuse continued for around two to three minutes until they reached the junction of Hungate and Blyburgate, at which point the suspect began to walk away from them.'
The man police are keen to trace is white, aged in his 30s, of average height and stocky build and with a ginger/brown beard. He was wearing a green wool beanie hat with a shield motif on the front, a zip-up fleece jacket, dark cargo-style trousers, and 'work' boots. He spoke with a local accent.
You may also want to watch:
? Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident, or who has any information regarding the suspect, to contact the East Neighbourhood Support Team at Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting reference 68329/16, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17