Witnesses sought after fatal crash at Stratton Strawless
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal crash in Stratton Strawless on Thursday morning.
Emergency services were called to Shortthorn Road near to the junction with Holt Road at about 5.55am. A grey Nissan Navara travelling towards Holt and a red Royal Mail postal van travelling towards Norwich were involved in a crash.
The driver of the Nissan, a man in his 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Royal Mail van suffered minor injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment but was later discharged.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and later re-opened at 11.10am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
• Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze