Witness appeal after woman dies following crash in Three Holes, near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a crash in west Norfolk.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman died in a crash at Three Holes, near Wisbech, last night.
It happened at about 6.30pm at the junction of Silt Road and Main Road on the A1101.
A silver Citroen Saxo was travelling on Silt Road towards the junction of Main Road when it was in collision with a black Golf GTI which had been heading from Cockley Road towards Three Holes. The collision caused both vehicles to leave the road into a ditch.
Police, firefighters and paramedics attended the scene but the elderly female front seat passenger in the Citroen, who was from the March area, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened shortly after 1am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.