Wisbech store appeals for Eileens to help celebrate anniversary
Dexys Midnight Runners hit prompts search for Cambridgeshire namesake aged 82
Come on Eileen! Ladies fashion store Bonmarche in Wisbech is searching for an 82-year-old called Eileen to help celebrate the company's 30th birthday and win a new outfit.
The company started trading in 1982 when the country was celebrating the birth of Prince William, Channel 4 was launched, and Dexys Midnight Runners were dominating the charts with their smash hit Come on Eileen, which stayed at number one in the charts for four weeks.
Sara Dunne, store manager of the Wisbech branch said: 'We're so excited to be celebrating 30 successful years on the high street that we really wanted to involve our customers and thank them for their loyalty.
'I'm hoping there are lots of Eileens out there who would like to join us on this momentous occasion.'
You may also want to watch:
Any 82-year-old Eileens who contact the store will be invited to participate in a balloon release on Saturday, August 18, and the store will pick one of them to win an outfit of their choice.
The store would like to hear from the Eileens by Wednesday, August 8. They can call into the High Street shop or phone 01945 584317.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham