Wintry conditions cause multiple crashes on roads
- Credit: Steve Adams
Emergency services have been dealing with multiple collisions this morning as icy roads led to treacherous conditions.
One person had to be cut from a car after crashing into a tree on the A148 around 5.45am, and the road was blocked for around three hours while the air ambulance and fire service attended.
Two fire appliances from Fakenham used hydraulic rescue equipment to rescue the person from the car.
The air ambulance attended the scene to deal with the casualty, but the injuries are not thought to be life changing or life-threatening.
Just before 6.30am, a Seat Ibiza and a Volkswagen Polo collided on Mill Road at Salhouse, causing the road to close in both directions.
The scene was cleared just after 7am, with police saying the incident had been 'due to the weather conditions'.
No injuries were reported.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
Two drivers also escaped a collision between a car and a truck at Fakenham uninjured this morning.
Police were called to the scene on the A1067 at Little Snoring at around 8.20pm, and oil was leaking into the road as a result of the damage to the vehicles.
No injuries were reported but highways officers have been called to deal with the oil patch.
Slow traffic around Reepham Road at rush hour was the result of two cars colliding around 8.05am.
One vehicle was stranded in the middle of the carriageway and no injuries have been reported.