Fire at popular Winterton-on-Sea beach near Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a fire on open land at a beach which is popular with visitors.
Three fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze at Winterton-on-Sea, near Great Yarmouth, at 7.11pm last night (Saturday, September 23).
The crews used hand appliances and back pack sprayers to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth were kept busy with another early morning call out.
After tackling the blaze in Winterton-on-Sea they were called out to deal with a garage fire in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
The crew from Gorleston fire station were joined by firefighters from Great Yarmouth following reports a garage was ablaze at 2.27am this morning (Sunday).
A brigade spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets and hand appliances to extinguish.'
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting