Fire at popular Winterton-on-Sea beach near Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a fire on open land at a beach which is popular with visitors.
Three fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the blaze at Winterton-on-Sea, near Great Yarmouth, at 7.11pm last night (Saturday, September 23).
The crews used hand appliances and back pack sprayers to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth were kept busy with another early morning call out.
After tackling the blaze in Winterton-on-Sea they were called out to deal with a garage fire in Gorleston.
The crew from Gorleston fire station were joined by firefighters from Great Yarmouth following reports a garage was ablaze at 2.27am this morning (Sunday).
A brigade spokesman said: 'The crews used hose reel jets and hand appliances to extinguish.'
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction