Winners of Wymondham and Attleborough Tour of Britain competitions announced
- Credit: Archant
Lucky winners of Tour of Britain competitions in Wymondham and Attleborough have been announced.
Linda Chapman, of Wymondham, won South Norfolk Council's photo competition, which involved residents taknig a snap of the Tour as it passed through the district.
Mrs Chapman has won a frog kids' bike worth over £400 from local business Howards Cycles.
The amateur photographer, who works in one of the town's pharmacies, has given the bike to her friend's son, eight-year-old Nicholas Townsend.
She said: 'It was such a great day – so many people out on the streets to cheer the Tour on, and a real sense of community. I never miss an opportunity to get my camera out, but usually horses are my subject. It's lovely to see my photo in print. A Huge thanks to South Norfolk Council and Howards Cycles for the fantastic prize which has gone to a good home.'
You may also want to watch:
Martin Wilby, deputy leader of the council, added: 'I'm glad our photo competition generated so much interest, especially on social media. Congratulations to Linda, who took this great picture that really captures the spirit of the day.'
Meanwhile, in Attleborough Ellie and Summer Howard won a £100 voucher for Cranks Bicycles after winning the trail map draw.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The win came at a perfect time, as the pair have just learnt to ride their bikes without stabilisers.
Do you have a story in Wymondham or Attleborough? Email email@example.com