Windfarm worker to be airlifted to Norfolk hospital
- Credit: Archant
A windfarm worker is being taken to hospital in Norfolk it has emerged.
An HM Coastguard helicopter from Humber was scrambled to a vessel working on a windfarm off the coast of Southwold at about 6.15pm on Monday (December 30).
A Coastguard spokesman said the man on the vessel will be taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, for treatment.
It is not clear what the man's injuries were or how serious his condition is.
The vessel he is being evacuated from is about 29 miles off the coast of Southwold in Suffolk where work is taking place on a windfarm in the area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk