Family’s moving tribute to ‘beautiful young man’ killed in Boxing Day crash
- Credit: Archant
The family of a teenager tragically killed in a road crash on Boxing Day have paid tribute to him as a 'loyal, kind, generous beautiful young man'.
Police were called to the scene of a collision involving a black Vauxhall Corsa and a grey Ford Fiesta at 9.30pm on the A14 eastbound at Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, just east of junction 45.
Yesterday (Wednesday, December 27) police said that William Smedley, 18, of Bury St Edmunds, who was a passenger in the Ford Fiesta, died in the incident.
A statement released by Suffolk Police on behalf of the family said: 'Caring son, loving grandson, doting big brother, a loyal, kind, generous beautiful young man gone but never ever forgotten.'
Officers have now confirmed that a second 18-year-old man has died as a result of his injuries.
He has been named as Jake Paxton, also of Bury St Edmunds, and had been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and was also a passenger in the Ford Fiesta.
A third male - the driver - was taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The female driver of the Vauxhall Corsa, a 19-year-old woman, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
Anyone with any information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 332 of December 26.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 5 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 6 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown