Family’s moving tribute to ‘beautiful young man’ killed in Boxing Day crash
- Credit: Archant
The family of a teenager tragically killed in a road crash on Boxing Day have paid tribute to him as a 'loyal, kind, generous beautiful young man'.
Police were called to the scene of a collision involving a black Vauxhall Corsa and a grey Ford Fiesta at 9.30pm on the A14 eastbound at Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, just east of junction 45.
Yesterday (Wednesday, December 27) police said that William Smedley, 18, of Bury St Edmunds, who was a passenger in the Ford Fiesta, died in the incident.
A statement released by Suffolk Police on behalf of the family said: 'Caring son, loving grandson, doting big brother, a loyal, kind, generous beautiful young man gone but never ever forgotten.'
Officers have now confirmed that a second 18-year-old man has died as a result of his injuries.
He has been named as Jake Paxton, also of Bury St Edmunds, and had been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and was also a passenger in the Ford Fiesta.
A third male - the driver - was taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The female driver of the Vauxhall Corsa, a 19-year-old woman, was uninjured.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
Anyone with any information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 332 of December 26.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed