Will Royal baby be called James, George or Henry - or Norfolk’s current most popular boy’s name, Oscar..?
- Credit: PA
While the bookies had James as 2/1 favourite name for the Royal baby, with George and Henry a neck behind, Norfolk's current favourite boy's name remained a rank outsider.
A trawl through the records of Norfolk's registrar of births, deaths and marriages, reveals Oscar to be currently the county's most popular name, with Oliver, Harry, Jack and Charlie close behind.
James, officials say, is on the decline. Prince William also already has a cousin called James - the Earl and Countess of Wessex's son Viscount Severn.
George would be popular and have strong Norfolk connections - both King George V and King George VI, the Queen's father, made Sandringham their main residence.
Bookies say the Royal birth has been the biggest non-sporting event ever, with millions staked not just on names but on everything from weight anjd time of arrival, to hair colour.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'