Why was helicopter hovering over Thetford last night?
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Mystery surrounds why a helicopter was hovering over Thetford last night.
People living in the Abbey Estate area of the town took to social media to ask why the aircraft was overhead. Some reported searchlights being shone into their gardens from above.
One resident tweeted she was watching NPAS (National Police Aviation Service) conduct a search, adding: 'Some really skilful flying in a built up area #thegoodguys.'
But when we contacted Norfolk police, they said they had no record of anything happening.
NPAS's Twitter feed said it had assisted police in Romford, Erith and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
There were reports on Facebook that the aircraft appeared to be searching gardens behind some shops on the estate in Thetford.
Others said they they saw and heard it flying over the town centre, while some believed that it had landed before taking off again.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones