Whizz-Kidz manifesto is backed by Norwich South MP Simon Wright
- Credit: Submitted - March 2013
A manifesto launched by the Whizz-Kidz charity at the House of Commons has been backed by Norwich South MP Simon Wright.
The Generation Inspired? manifesto is based on a late-2012 survey the charity conducted of its young ambassadors and their parents –asking them about their hopes for a Paralympic legacy following on from London 2012 and their ideas to improve opportunities for young disabled people.
Liberal Democrat MP Mr Wright met young Norwich wheelchair-basketballer Joel Connor-Saunders and double Paralympic gold medallist track athlete Hannah Cockroft – who received her first sports wheelchair from Whizz-Kidz in 2007.
The charity has provided three disabled children living in Mr Wright's constituency with wheelchairs. He said: 'It was a real pleasure to meet Joel and Hannah and hear about Whizz-Kidz' valuable work providing mobility equipment and opportunities for young disabled people.
'They do fantastic work in Norfolk, providing disabled children and young people with wheelchairs and with life skills through their work placements programme and wheelchair skills training.
You may also want to watch:
'It's so important that the views of young disabled people shape plans for the Paralympic legacy and I am delighted to back Whizz-Kidz's Generation Inspired manifesto.'
- For more information go to www.whizz-kidz.org.uk
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault