Which Norfolk police dog chewed up a sun lounger - or was it attacked by a rogue squirrel?
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is now under way into which off duty police dog reduced garden furniture to a pile of neatly-chewed foam rubber.
'That used to be a sun bed,' their handler tweeted. 'PD's Shuck and Murphy and TPD Gizmo look innocent but which one (if not all) is the guilty one...?' Twitter users seemed to favour the spaniel. One said: 'Not maintaining eye contact - guilty one.' Another thought he had 'guilt written all over his face.' Others suspected the dogs were being fitted up for the felony.
'Being police dogs, I think they rumbled an attack by rogue squrrels and are now standing guard to make sure the miscreants do not return,' one posted.
Others said there must be a more innocent explanation. One said: 'It couldn't possibly be anything to do with these three - they look so innocent.'
Either way, there wasn't worth much of the sun lounger. Not that it's going to be much use in the current cold snap.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor