Which Norfolk police dog chewed up a sun lounger - or was it attacked by a rogue squirrel?
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is now under way into which off duty police dog reduced garden furniture to a pile of neatly-chewed foam rubber.
'That used to be a sun bed,' their handler tweeted. 'PD's Shuck and Murphy and TPD Gizmo look innocent but which one (if not all) is the guilty one...?' Twitter users seemed to favour the spaniel. One said: 'Not maintaining eye contact - guilty one.' Another thought he had 'guilt written all over his face.' Others suspected the dogs were being fitted up for the felony.
'Being police dogs, I think they rumbled an attack by rogue squrrels and are now standing guard to make sure the miscreants do not return,' one posted.
Others said there must be a more innocent explanation. One said: 'It couldn't possibly be anything to do with these three - they look so innocent.'
Either way, there wasn't worth much of the sun lounger. Not that it's going to be much use in the current cold snap.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab