Where to get your real Christmas tree recycled in Great Yarmouth borough
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK 2003
Real Christmas trees can be recycled around the borough over the coming weeks.
GYB Services Ltd, the borough council's operational partner, will be on hand with a wood chipper to dispose of trees free of charge. If residents are unable to get to the chipper locations during the set times, they can take trees to Caister's Household Recycling Centre.
The chipping sessions are:
Wednesday, January 7 – 9.30am to 11.30am at Morrisons, Gorleston.
Wednesday, January 7 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Mill Lane, Bradwell.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday, January 8 – 9.30am to 11.30am at Tesco, Caister.
Thursday, January 8 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm at B&Q car park, Great Yarmouth.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
Wednesday, January 14 – 9.30am to 11.30am at Morrisons, Gorleston.
Wednesday, January 14 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Tesco, Caister.
Last year, 3.3 tonnes of trees were collected.
People who have brown wheelie bins could chop their trees up and place them in for collection. Garden waste, including real Christmas trees, cannot be put into the black household waste bins.