What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- Credit: Kevin Folan
An unidentified flying object was spotted over Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
Kevin Folan, 64, was driving through Oxborough towards Downham Market at around sunset, when he sighted a “strange, stretched circle in the sky”.
Mr Folan said he pulled over to the side of the road to look at it properly, and took several photos.
“It was very slowly moving with the wind it seemed, from the west,” Mr Folan said.
“It was very dark but the clouds in the sky were light. It wasn’t a cloud.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Folan watched the object “kind of infinitesimally changing shape” for ten minutes, and posted the pictures into his family’s WhatsApp group.
One of Mr Folan’s nieces suggested it could be a flock of starlings.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 5 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 6 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
“If I had to bet on anything,” he said, “I’d say it would be birds, but I’ve seen murmurations up close and this was a long way off, so there would have needed to be thousands of them to maintain that shape and density.”
Did you spot this UFO in west Norfolk on Sunday? Email ideas and explanations to email@example.com