What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- Credit: Kevin Folan
An unidentified flying object was spotted over Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
Kevin Folan, 64, was driving through Oxborough towards Downham Market at around sunset, when he sighted a “strange, stretched circle in the sky”.
Mr Folan said he pulled over to the side of the road to look at it properly, and took several photos.
“It was very slowly moving with the wind it seemed, from the west,” Mr Folan said.
“It was very dark but the clouds in the sky were light. It wasn’t a cloud.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Folan watched the object “kind of infinitesimally changing shape” for ten minutes, and posted the pictures into his family’s WhatsApp group.
One of Mr Folan’s nieces suggested it could be a flock of starlings.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
“If I had to bet on anything,” he said, “I’d say it would be birds, but I’ve seen murmurations up close and this was a long way off, so there would have needed to be thousands of them to maintain that shape and density.”
Did you spot this UFO in west Norfolk on Sunday? Email ideas and explanations to email@example.com