What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- Credit: Kevin Folan
An unidentified flying object was spotted over Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
Kevin Folan, 64, was driving through Oxborough towards Downham Market at around sunset, when he sighted a “strange, stretched circle in the sky”.
Mr Folan said he pulled over to the side of the road to look at it properly, and took several photos.
“It was very slowly moving with the wind it seemed, from the west,” Mr Folan said.
“It was very dark but the clouds in the sky were light. It wasn’t a cloud.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Folan watched the object “kind of infinitesimally changing shape” for ten minutes, and posted the pictures into his family’s WhatsApp group.
One of Mr Folan’s nieces suggested it could be a flock of starlings.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
“If I had to bet on anything,” he said, “I’d say it would be birds, but I’ve seen murmurations up close and this was a long way off, so there would have needed to be thousands of them to maintain that shape and density.”
Did you spot this UFO in west Norfolk on Sunday? Email ideas and explanations to firstname.lastname@example.org