What’s your favourite Roald Dahl Book?
- Credit: Archant
From George's Marvellous Medicine to James and the Giant Peach, Roald Dahl's works of fiction continue to capture the imaginations of people across the world. On what would have been his 100th birthday, we invite you to tell us which of his brilliant books is the best?
A wise man once said, 'If you are going to get anywhere in life, you have to read a lot of books'.
This wise man started out as a fighter pilot in the Royal Air Force and went on to become one of the world's most successful writers, selling more than 250 million copies of his books worldwide. You might have heard of him, his name was Roald Dahl.
September 13, 2016 marks 100 years since the author's birth and will see thousands of people celebrating his life's work and subsequently the weird and wonderful worlds and characters he created, from Giant Country to Willy Wonka.
Throughout his career, Dahl wrote more than 30 brilliant books, with his most popular being those aimed at a younger audience, such as Matilda, Fantastic Mr Fox and The Witches.
But which was the best?
We want to know which of his books is your favourite, vote in the poll and leave a comment below, letting us know what you think makes that book so special.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'