What’s in a name? Norwich Ruesse visits Carrow Road for Fulham clash
- Credit: Archant
When a German family visited England on holiday, dad Norwich couldn't resist taking a detour to his namesake city to watch the Canaries take on Fulham.
Norwich Ruesse made his first trip to Carrow Road from Steinfurt in Germany on Good Friday, after following the club's fortunes since childhood.
Mr Ruesse said: 'I don't know where the name came from, it's one of those crazy coincidences.
'It was a problem for me when I went to school, as every teacher asked me how to spell it.
'When I was ten years old I learned Norwich was a football club which was great and now I'm older it's no longer a problem.
You may also want to watch:
'I've always looked to see what league they are playing in.
'Coming to Norwich is our first time in an English football stadium; it's different to Germany as you are very near to the players.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
He is normally a fan of FC Schalke, but also follows the fortunes of his namesake club, and hopes one day the two teams play against each other.