Photographer captures stunning photos of north Norfolk beach at night
- Credit: Christopher Dean
Weybourne beach has been captured in a way you've never seen it before.
Christopher Dean, 56, took the pictures earlier this week on a clear night on the north Norfolk coast.
Mr Dean, who said he is a relative newcomer to photography, recently returned from the south of France where he'd hoped to capture a shot of the Milky Way.
After the opportunity didn't arise, however, he made do with somewhere closer to his Norwich home and snapped some stunning images of Weybourne beach on Monday, July 29.
Mr Dean said: "Once home Sunday, I noticed that the only relatively clear night for a while was going to be on Monday and the waning moon was not going to rise until 2am.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was forecast at around 5pc cloud cover and the visibility window for the Milky Way galactic core was around 50 minutes around midnight at six degrees above the horizon.
"From the photos, one might assume that you could stroll onto the beach and be greeted with a magnificent Milky Way vista but, in reality, you need to let your eyes adjust to the darkness and then you can make out an otherwise unremarkable wispy 'cloud' across the sky."
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Have you taken some remarkable photos recently? Email email@example.com