West End star Charlotte Scott visits Norwich dance group
- Credit: Bryony Moore
A Norwich-based dance company received a visit from a West End actress over the weekend.
Charlotte Scott, who has starred in shows such as Wicked, dropped by The Garage to speak with children from slanteddance and teach them a routine from Matilda.
The performance group, made up of students aged four to 14 years old, trains in a mix of styles, including Jazz, Street and Contemporary.
Bryony Moore, co-director of slanteddance, said: 'Our pupils amaze us - they come from all over Norfolk each week with the kindest attitudes.
'Having guests like Charlotte visit our school is not necessarily about learning West End routines, it's more about opening up their world to see what they can achieve and how to get there.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Scott added: 'Slanteddance really focuses on encouraging the creativity of the students, it's a real collaboration between teacher and student. It's rare to see and creates such a lovely and supportive atmosphere.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation