West End star Charlotte Scott visits Norwich dance group
- Credit: Bryony Moore
A Norwich-based dance company received a visit from a West End actress over the weekend.
Charlotte Scott, who has starred in shows such as Wicked, dropped by The Garage to speak with children from slanteddance and teach them a routine from Matilda.
The performance group, made up of students aged four to 14 years old, trains in a mix of styles, including Jazz, Street and Contemporary.
Bryony Moore, co-director of slanteddance, said: 'Our pupils amaze us - they come from all over Norfolk each week with the kindest attitudes.
'Having guests like Charlotte visit our school is not necessarily about learning West End routines, it's more about opening up their world to see what they can achieve and how to get there.'
Charlotte Scott added: 'Slanteddance really focuses on encouraging the creativity of the students, it's a real collaboration between teacher and student. It's rare to see and creates such a lovely and supportive atmosphere.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park