City legend donates £17,500 to Norwich charity
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan has raised thousands of pounds to help adults with learning disabilities.
The massive donation to Norwich based charity Stepping Stones came after a legends football match with Russell Martin in May.
The charity, which helps adults with learning disabilities, said: "Wes has been associated with the charity since arriving to play for Norwich and throughout his ten years here has visited us regularly.
"On the day of the legends match a very vocal Stepping Stones turned up in force with their 'Team Wes' banners!
"His support of Stepping Stones has always been fantastic and this amazing donation doubly so. It will help ensure that the charity can look forward to the future with confidence."
You may also want to watch:
The charity are still deciding how best to use the money raised by the attacking midfielder.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones