Norfolk beach named as one of best UK spots for dog walking
- Credit: Ian Burt
A dog walking spot in north Norfolk has been named as one of the most popular in the UK.
The beach at Wells-next-the-Sea comes out fourth on the list of the top 10 places as calculated by data from Tripadvisor.
A total of 1,818 people reviewed the beach at Wells according to the data with 318 of them mentioning the quality of dog walking.
The most popular beach for dog walking in the study was Hengistbury Head in Bournemouth with 352 mentions on Tripadvisor.
Dogs are allowed on the beach at Wells all year round with a dog-free zone operating for the first 200 yards of beach from the main entrance.
But there are no restrictions from the Pinewoods entrance.
You may also want to watch:
Dogs are also welcomed at the Beach Café which is a stone's throw away from the beach with treats on offer for the four-legged friends.
Animed, who conducted the study, sells animal medicines to UK pet owners.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday