Wells Maltings calls on local artists to submit work to open exhibition
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The multi-million pound Wells Maltings development has called on artists to contribute to its inaugural open art exhibition.
The exhibition, titled 'CONNECTION' is intended to celebrate the very best of East Anglian art.
It will launch as part of the new venue's opening season in spring 2018.
Artists with a connection to the region are invited to submit works, which will be showcased in the refurbished new art space in the Maltings buildings, Wells.
Wells Maltings general manager Simon Daykin said: 'Our opening exhibition will combine the things we hold dear to us. We aim to showcase the very best in visual arts from exciting and inspirational artists.
You may also want to watch:
'The focus on East Anglian themes reflects our own sense of place, and how we bring the local community into the building.
'It's an open call – anyone can take part and submit work. The Maltings – like art – is for everyone.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
For more information on how to submit work, visit www.wellsmaltings.oess.uk. More information on the final selection, and the exhibition itself, will be announced next year.