Wells Maltings calls on local artists to submit work to open exhibition
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The multi-million pound Wells Maltings development has called on artists to contribute to its inaugural open art exhibition.
The exhibition, titled 'CONNECTION' is intended to celebrate the very best of East Anglian art.
It will launch as part of the new venue's opening season in spring 2018.
Artists with a connection to the region are invited to submit works, which will be showcased in the refurbished new art space in the Maltings buildings, Wells.
Wells Maltings general manager Simon Daykin said: 'Our opening exhibition will combine the things we hold dear to us. We aim to showcase the very best in visual arts from exciting and inspirational artists.
'The focus on East Anglian themes reflects our own sense of place, and how we bring the local community into the building.
'It's an open call – anyone can take part and submit work. The Maltings – like art – is for everyone.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
For more information on how to submit work, visit www.wellsmaltings.oess.uk. More information on the final selection, and the exhibition itself, will be announced next year.