Wellbeing group receives donation from fellow Swaffham community organisation
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A community organisation has extended a hand of friendship to another with a generous donation.
Members of the Swaffham Wellbeing Group were delighted to receive a donation of £900 from Swaffham Spiritual Awareness Group.
Facilitated by Family Action Swaffham and West Norfolk Carers, the wellbeing group meets once a week at Swaffham Community Centre.
During the two-hour sessions visitors have taken part in a variety of activities from seated Zumba, archery and line dancing to craft activities, reflexology, and guest talks.
The organisation is planning to put its donation towards the cost of room hire at the community centre.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Wellbeing Group meets on Tuesdays from 10.30am to 12.30pm, with the option to pre-order lunch from Iceni Patisserie.
If you would like to get involved with the group, or would like to know more, please contact Family Action on 01760 720302 or West Norfolk Carers at www.westnorfolkcarers.org.uk
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17